Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I'm Back

I finally have a few moments to share what I've been doing with the car. New rotors, pads, master cylinder at the front, new shoes, drums and wheel cylinders at the back, new braided flex lines front and rear, new upper and lower ball joints at the front, adjustable trumpets called hi-los, and all new springs and shocks are in. Also the bottom negative camber arms are in, along with the adjustable tie bars. I lowered the front of the car by about an inch and now I'm just waiting to get an alignment. I took it to a shop today but there wheel adapters for alignment wouldn't go small enough for my wheels. Here are a few older pics, but this is pretty much how the car sits...





Here's a pic that shows how worn out the old rubber cones were. Rubber cone on right, new spring on left...

Future Expenses: 2 new tires for front, new clutch kit, 8 lb lightweight flywheel (on the old minis, the clutch and flywheel assembly weighed 45 lbs!), new clutch master cylinder and braided clutch line, new clutch slave cylinder, new thermostat, new water pump, new hoses, new belt, new fan blade and a oil pressure/ water temp gauge. 

I also got a welder a few weeks back which I'll be putting to use very soon. I'll try and keep this updated as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment