Sunday, February 13, 2011

Progress Friday to Sunday

Not much on the car. Today and friday I had a few calls to run, and saturday I spent most of the day running and hooking up the electric.

 Windshield out
 Side windows out
 Rear window out
 Showing new tie bar, braided brake line and shock absorber
 New master cylinder
 I put in three new outlets with a new wire from the panel box for the air compressor and the welder


 Welder and accessories
 Rear valence cut out
 New rear valence to go in
 One of the dividers up

Cut out most of the rust on the passenger side in the floor pan. Still a little more to go...

I also tried welding for the first time today. Right now the welder is set up for flux cored welding, which I did decently with on the 16 gauge metal. Couldn't get the lighter 22 gauge to weld up though; just had lots of holes. I'm gonna set the welder up this weekend for mig once I get a bottle of gas.

I have the day off tomorrow so I plan to get more rust cut out and ready to weld...

4 comments:

  1. Hey Ken sent me the link to your blog. I have been out to the AutoX's a couple times with different Festiva's. I am in the process myself of locating a mini. Good luck on your build!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great to hear. The best place to look that I've found for minis is here (http://www.minimania.com/Cars4Sale_list.cfm). Good luck with your search and let us know how you make out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I am on there. Trying to arrange the pick up of a shell in Wisconsin. Hoping a friend comes through that lives out there.

    Logan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like I say- keep us posted. It'd be nice to eventually have another mini to compete with. Good luck! I'll be running my mini in ST...

    ReplyDelete