Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Update 4/13/11

Well, it's been a few days since I've updated this so I thought I'd better. Sorry for some of the crappy pictures, but cell phones just aren't cameras.

Rear end is completely back together with new boot lid and rear window seals. Oh, and you might have spotted a stripe on the roof... gives the car more character!

Front end completely back together, wheels are on.
Driver's door is on now, along with my bullet mirror.
Engine bay was cleaned up, new: fan belt, water pump, top and bottom hose, thermostat and cap. I also wrapped the header with the thermo-tec wrap, and I have to say Wow! What  a difference. I can touch the header when the engine is hot and then retract my hand with out a burn. Also had to make a new gasket for the float bowl as the float bowl decided to start leaking gas onto the header! Finally, I had a bit of tuning to do as the car was running pretty rich, but seems to be running quite well now. Calipers are back on and brakes are working fine. Have an alignment booked for Friday morning and I'll try to get up more pictures tomorrow when we get some decent weather... 

5 comments:

  1. Nice job! Can't wait to see this thing hauling around the autoX course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neither can I. Had a bit of a problem with the front brakes, but hopefully it won't come back...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw you out and about yesterday. How did it drive?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coming out nice! now for fun, don't let your dad drive it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. He can drive it, but every time he pisses me off he loses a plug wire and a cylinder when he's driving. It won't take long for him to learn that way! I threatened him before by telling him I'd pull the belt for the blower and power steering on the miata!

    Can't wait for May 1...

    ReplyDelete